Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Aiden - 3 weeks old!







It's hard to believe, but Aiden is already 3 weeks old! 23 days old today, to be precise!

He continues to be... well... PERFECT! I don't know how else to describe him! Everything about him... his smiles, his coos, his toes, and his fingers... everything is perfect! He brings a smile to my face and to my heart every time I look at him! When I hold him and he just stares at me as if saying, "I love you, mommy" it melts my heart! I know my love and affection for this little man will only continue to grow as he does, and I simply cannot wait to see what God will do with his precious life!

Okay, enough with the sappy stuff, I'm getting all teary-eyed! Today Aiden weighs approximately 10 pounds 7 ounces (and when I say, "approximately", I really mean it! I weighed myself, then held Aiden and weighed again and subtracted the 2 weights to get his :) Lol.) and he is about 22.5 inches long (when he was born he was 7 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long).

He is now starting to mimic faces that Jeff and I make - mostly sticking out our tongues and opening our mouths in an "O" shape. He is awake more during the day and very alert during his wake periods! He will focus on people's faces when they are talking to him. He smiles a lot, and just yesterday started smiling when I made a funny face at him.

He is now sleeping from about 9pm-2 or 3am steadily, without waking up at all! Then he wakes up every 3 hours after that to eat. During the day he eats about every 2 hours, though. He is eating about 3 ounces (sometimes 4, but not often) in a feeding, which is great for him! His jaundice is completely gone and he is a very healthy, growing boy now!

I continue to feel great! I feel completely healed from the delivery... it was so easy, there really wasn't much healing to be done! I feel great, and have somehow managed to lose 20 pounds (the 14 pounds I gained from my pre-pregnancy weight, plus 6 more) since delivery... I hope 20 more comes off that easily ;-)

Today is mine and Jeff's 3 year wedding anniversary! When we got married, we always knew we wanted children, but we didn't know when! But now that Aiden is here, we think now is a perfect time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment