Sunday, January 3, 2010

26 Weeks - Reflections




Today marks the last day of my second trimester of this pregnancy! As I sit here and reflect on the past 6 months, I find myself amazed at how much has happened in so little time! I can remember the very beginning of my pregnancy - 

August 1, 2009 - the day we found out we were pregnant. What a joyous day that was! And even though the weeks to follow were filled with fatigue, constant nausea, and much vomiting, I just kept telling myself that soon there will be a brighter day! The brighter day came in my 13th week when I ended my first trimester and began my second trimester. I remember being able to eat a full meal again without feeling nauseous - a day I never thought I would see! 

And now, as we come to the final stage of this pregnancy, I find myself only being thankful for all the events of the last 6 months that have brought us here! Without the nausea and vomiting, I probably would have spent the first 13 weeks in constant worry that something was wrong with my baby! But as I sit here typing this now, and feel Aiden kicking at my insides, I am reminded of the beauty of the life God has placed inside of me. A beautiful baby boy named Aiden Michael who was created out of the love that Jeff and I have for each other and for life! In 3 short months we will be meeting this beautiful gift from God, and we will love and cherish him for ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment