Saturday, January 16, 2010

3D Ultrasound

Well, we had our 3D Ultrasound yesterday. It was so much fun getting to see Aiden - oh, and this time, he was MORE than willing to show off his boy parts. And I'm not even kidding when I say that we literally got a video of him playing with himself... he's 100% boy for sure! We sat there cracking up laughing for a good 5 minutes before we could move on (and of course Jeff says, "That's my boy!"). The best part - we got it on video! Oh, the poor boy! Lol. Anyway, he was being very camera shy with his face, so we only got one good face shot, and one good profile shot. His cheeks look just like mine did when I was born. And he has Jeff's sister's nose. All I can say is that he's perfect! When we had our first scan back at 20 weeks, he was very unwilling to show us his boy parts, but more than happy to give us a good profile picture. This time was the complete opposite! It's like he knows what we want and says, "No way! You can just wait til April!" But it was almost as if he knew we were trying to take his picture, and he didn't want to have anything to do with it! Every time Beth would get a perfect shot, right before she would hit the button to take the picture or record the video, he would move his head to the other side so we couldn't see his face! And after about an hour of scanning, he decided to bury his face and put his arm across it so we had NO chance of getting a good shot! He's going to be a handful, that's for sure!!! But, at any rate, we had a blast with the scan! It was so cool that Beth got to scan her first nephew. She felt like she got the privilege to meet him before anyone else in the family. She scanned him for about an hour and a half and we ended up getting 14 little video clips. Unfortunately, I put the disc with the videos in my computer this morning, and it said that it was unreadable by my computer - probably cause I have a Mac. I know the disc works, because we went back to Beth's apartment and tested it and it worked on her Dell. So, maybe before my baby shower today I'll pop into mom's house and use her computer to load the disc and try to email them to myself. We'll see. At first I was disappointed that we didn't get any really good pictures. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I just got to spend an hour and a half watching my son before he's even born! That in itself is so special! Plus, there's only 12 more weeks til we get to meet the real live Aiden! So, even though there's no good pictures for anyone else to see, me, Jeff, and Beth all got to spend an hour and a half with Aiden yesterday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment