Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 27

Third Trimester? Already?? Where has the time gone? 

This week I find that I am experiencing some more pregnancy discomforts. Is it due to my ever-expanding belly? Or perhaps God is just preparing me for the months to come once Aiden is born! Whatever the case, I find that sleeping a whole night through is becoming increasingly difficult! Take a step into my average night's sleep with me: 

8pm - Lay down in bed and watch TV with Jeff and the dogs. 
9pm - Sound asleep 
12 midnight - Potty break! 
1am - wide awake! 
4am - finally back to sleep 
5:45am - alarm goes off and I feel as though I just fell back asleep! 

In between all of those times of sleep, I find myself waking up because of hip and back pain as well. Rolling over to switch sides happens about once every 30 minutes or less, and then it take a couple of minutes to return to sleep. It's becoming quite exhausting, but I am learning to cope. 

The back pain is still bad and slowly getting worse. I'm dealing.... so whatever. 

Friday, January 15, 2010 *a.k.a. TOMORROW!* we get to take a peek into my womb *a.k.a. have an ultrasound*! But this time, it's a 3D one! My doctor's office charges an outrageous $200 to have this done! And no, we aren't paying that! Jeff's sister is an ultrasound tech at University Hospital in Cincinnati. So, we are using and abusing her status and having her do the scan! She volunteered, and we said HEEEECK YES! We are hoping and praying that Aiden is a bit more generous at letting us see his boy parts this time so we can see with our own eyes that he is, in fact, a boy! The US tech said she was 100% sure, but we never saw anything! But at any rate, at least we get to say hi to Aiden one more time before he's born! 

Saturday, January 16, 2010 (Saturday) is my first baby shower (it was rescheduled due to nasty weather last weekend)! I am so so so so so so excited! Family, friends, food, presents... sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment