Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Freeman


Jeff and I have been trying for a baby again since our miscarriage on November 16, 2008. We were starting to get very discouraged, as it had been so many months and still had no baby. So, we decided to be very proactive and get an Ovulation Predictor Kit. Basically, you pee on a stick and when you are ovulating (which is when an egg is released and ready for fertilization) that way you have the best chances of getting pregnant. So, we used one of these in July and on July 19th we received our positive ovulation strip! And I think you can figure out what happened next.... because WE'RE PREGNANT!!! I wish we had tried that sooner, but I can't help but think this is how it was all supposed to happen! Now, we get to become parents 6 weeks after we become an aunt and uncle! God definitely has a plan for everything... and I believe my miscarriage was a part of this plan now so that our child and Ben and Megan's child can grow up together!

We got our positive pregnancy test August 1, 2009. I didn't quite believe it when I saw it because it was pretty faint. So I woke poor Jeff up and asked him to look at it. In the bright lights of the bathroom through blurry eyes he said he definitely saw it. So, that afternoon we went out and bought another brand of pregnancy tests and took another test at 5:30pm and the line was MUCH darker! Then, I took another Sunday morning just for reassurance :) It's true! We're having a baby!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I`m so happy for all of you! I`m going to be a great-grams x2 soon!
    Love, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news for you. All the best of luck. For some inspiration and perspective, I invite you to check out this short video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/5713 -- about one mother's "aha moment" when the meaning of being parent became clear to her. Everyone has different priorities, of course, but I think you'll relate to this one.

    Again, all the best,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete