Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Ultrasound


(Sorry the image is awful, but I took a picture of a picture with my cell phone. I will post the actual picture once I scan it into the computer)
We had our first ultrasound and OB appointment yesterday, August 18, 2009. After waiting for 45 minutes to see the ultrasound tech, we finally got to go back! The nurse told me that she was going to check some other things first and then we would look for the baby. I didn't want to look at the screen because the last time we had an ultrasound (back in November) they never found a baby - only blood clots that used to be a baby...


So, I just stared straight at the ceiling... praying... praying... Finally, after what seemed like forever, but what was really about 1 or 2 minutes, the nurse said, "There it is!" And Jeff says, "OH MY GOSH HONEY! LOOK!!!" And there it was... our precious little baby's heart just beating away! I immediately started bawling! I don't think I have ever been so happy in my life! The tech printed out a picture for us and left the room. I held our baby's first picture in my hand and sobbed for a couple of minutes, unable to believe that this was really a little precious life growing inside of me. A life that will soon be a baby that we can hold in our arms...


Then we got to go back out into the waiting room to wait to see the doctor... we waited for an hour in the waiting room! We were then taken back into a room where they took my blood pressure. It was 138/80 - a little high on the top number, but she said if I was nervous that could affect that. So then we were told that the doctor was running late from labor and delivery, and that she would see us as soon as she got here. So, we waited... another HOUR!!!! Finally she came! She went over a bunch of things with us. She told us that the baby measured right on target for an April 11, 2010 due date! She also prescribed me 2 medications (Zofran for the day and Fenagrin - not sure how to spell it - for the night) for my never-ending nausea. She told me to take the Zofran with vitamin B6 supplement as well during the day.


After that we went to the pharmacy to fill the prescriptions. Oh... and they have one of those free blood pressure checkers, so I took my blood pressure to see if it had gone down, and it was 102/70. So I thought that was MUCH better! Anyway, we got the prescriptions filled and so far they are working miracles!!!!


What an amazing day that will never be forgotten.......

No comments:

Post a Comment