Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Doctor's Appointment!


That's us - the happy parents :)

Today, August 4, 2009 I went to my family doctor and she confirmed the pregnancy!!!! She did a pregnancy test with my urine like I did at home and said that they have to wait 5 minutes for the test results. She came in a few seconds later and said that the result showed that I am pregnant immediately so there is no question! She also drew blood to test my hCG and my progesterone levels to make sure the levels are good. If the progesterone is low, it can be a sign of miscarriage... BUT, the good thing is that since I am 4 weeks 2 days along today they can put me on progesterone supplements and get the levels up safely to maintain a healthy pregnancy until my body produces progesterone on it's own. 

My doctor told me that she is sure things will go beautifully this time around because the chance of miscarriage has significantly declined now since I have had one already! 

Also, the doctor confirmed my due date of April 11, 2010! Happy Easter baby :)

I will get the blood test results back tomorrow and I will update then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment