Friday, August 7, 2009

First Ultrasound Appt.

My OBGYN's office called yesterday (August 6th) to schedule my first ultrasound. She said that the doctor wants to see me next week for the ultrasound. I scheduled the appointment for Thursday, August 13th. However, the more I think about it, the more I want to change that appointment to the following week. If I have an ultrasound done on the 13th, I will only be 5 weeks and 4 days along. However, if I wait for the following week on Thursday I will be 6 weeks 4 days along. In the 5th week, the baby does not yet have a detectable heartbeat. But in the 6th week, it does! So... I think that even though I know in my mind and in my heart that it would be practically impossible to see a heartbeat next week, if we go through with the ultrasound I will still be disappointed with not seeing a heartbeat. BUT... if we wait one more week and get to see one, I will be overjoyed, comforted, and at ease in my mind and heart. So, I think I am going to call today and reschedule my ultrasound for the following week if they will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment