Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 28

I can honestly say that I don't have anything new to report this week... same old same old as far the pregnancy goes! I'm still loving being pregnant (despite the backpain) and I'm really starting to get excited about meeting my niece/nephew in 5ish weeks and meeting my son in 11ish weeks!

Nursery News - My dad and Jeff continued the painting of the mural on Monday. They did the grass at the bottom of the wall, a frog, a toucan, some dragon flies, and put leaves on Aiden's name that is on the wall. It looks amazing, of course! ;-) It should be done in one more evening, which will be Monday (Jan. 25). Also, last night we ordered the dresser/changing table for the nursery! While we were at Babies R Us ordering that, we decided to buy the crib mattress that we had picked out! Now I can get out the bedding - WOOHOO!!!! It's all coming together, and I am so excited!

Baby Shower News - I had my first baby shower this past Saturday. It was a BLAST! My sister-in-law did an amazing job coordinating it all (all while being VERY pregnant herself!) But we played some very fun games and had amazing food and LOTS of gifts! We got SOOO many clothes - Aiden will be a very well dressed little boy! We also got a lot of bottles and a bottle drying rack - very excited about that! My sister-in-law got us the cutest robe and slippers for Aiden, as well as a TON of stuff that she got off our registry and used to make the cutest centerpieces for the tables! We also got the bedding set and extra window valance for the nursery! SO cute!! I have my next baby shower this Sunday, January 24! Can't wait!!!

In other news... I can tell that Jeff is getting more and more excited about becoming a dad! Last night as soon as we got home with the crib mattress, instead of just putting it in the nursery and moving on (it was getting late and we're not night people), he took the mattress out of the plastic and put it in the crib. Then he started looking at the bedding, thinking we should get that out and put it on. But I told him I need to wash it all first! So, I can tell he's very excited! Which makes me a very happy momma! I know he's going to be an amazing father!

No comments:

Post a Comment