Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 30

Aiden's great, I'm great, life's... great!

It was a rough week with having my uncle's funeral, but we made it through. Now tonight (if the snow doesn't keep us away) we have to go to Jeff's aunt's visitation. Then Tuesday my aunt goes in for her surgery to remove her tumor. Lots of sad news in the family lately, but nothing God can't handle, that's for sure!

My sister-in-law is going to be having my niece/nephew any time now!!! I can't wait to meet him/her!

I just realized that I only have 6 more doctor's appointments until Aiden's due date!!! WOW! 65 days until his due date doesn't seem like much! I was convinced that the last 10 weeks was going to drag on and on because it's just a waiting game now that everything is ready. But boy was I wrong!! This past week has completely flown by, and here we are, almost to 31 weeks... only 6 short weeks from being term (which will be March 21st).

We started our birthing classes this past Wednesday. There are 6 couples in the class - although one girl is there with her mom because her husband is in the Navy and is away right now. The instructor has been a nurse at our hospital for 27 years, and she was the L&D nurse for the girl's mom when she gave birth to her 3 kids! So cool! But the class was very informative so far! We learned about dilation, effacement, stations, and then went over some breathing and relaxation techniques. Next week we get to learn about induction, and watch a video on delivery. Then, the third and final class she said we learn about c-sections and we get a tour of the Birthing Center! I just want to skip to the tour and be done! Although, I think it's *kind of* important to learn how to give birth too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment