Monday, March 29, 2010

38 Week Appt.!

I had my 38 week appointment today. At my 36 week appointment they checked my cervix and I was 1cm dilated. Then at my 37 week appointment they didn't check and said they would at my next appointment. So, I go in today totally expecting to be checked and planning to ask if he would strip my membranes (a process of sweeping the bag of waters away from the uterus near the cervix in order to release prostoglandins, which cause contractions). So I go in, and when the doctor comes in he says, "Well, we'll check your cervix next time!" and I said, "They said that last time!" and he said, "I like to do it at 39 weeks"" so I said, "Can you just check it, pleeease?" and he said OKAY!!! YAY! So, as he was getting ready to check I said, "Would you strip my membranes today, too?" and he said OKAY!!! YAY! So, he said I am about 2cm dilated, very low and soft and thin! All good news! He said that IF the membrane stripping works (cause it doesn't always), it can take UP TO a week! So, we'll see what happens :)

Everything else was great! My blood pressure was just fine - so no concerns there. My swelling has gone down considerably! Although it seems as though the swelling in my feet has gone mostly away (depending on the time of day) and moved to my hands... ick! But, it's not so bad that my rings are stuck on or anything. Just getting uncomfortable.

Aiden's heartbeat was good and strong and he's getting lower... so hopefully when labor DOES start, he won't have far to travel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment