Sunday, March 14, 2010

Aiden has doctor!

Jeff and I had been going back and forth about Aiden seeing the pediatrician that my parents took my brother and I to when we were little. My brother was a very sick little baby, and he took excellent care of him. However, he is getting up there in age, and I have been hearing some negative feedback from patients of his that we know (one said that his nurse mixed up her daughter's urine sample with another patient!!! BIG mistake!!!) So, my mom, who sees the same Family Doctor that I do, has been to our doctor a lot lately because of some infections so she has been talking to my doctor about me getting so close to having Aiden, and our doctor mentioned to her that she can't wait to see him when he's born! So, I started thinking, "Hmm... does that mean Aiden can see her as his pediatrician??" So my mom went back for another check-up, and she asked the nurse if Dr. Wilson would be willing to take Aiden as a new patient for me once he was born. The nurse said that she wasn't sure because she isn't taking any new patients right now, not even family members, because they are so over-booked. But, the nurse knows how much Dr. Wilson loves our family (she was one of the biggest supports for me after having our MC, and one of my biggest cheer-leaders when we got pregnant again!) so she said she would pull my file and put a note on it and put it on Dr. Wilson's desk and have her get back to me. So, I got a call from her nurse who said that Dr. Wilson would be more than willing to accept Aiden as a new patient! So once he is born, I just have to call and schedule an appointment for him to be seen!!!!!!! I could not be more happy right now! I just feel like I KNOW Aiden will be in excellent hands when he gets sick or even has a well-baby visit! It is so reassuring to know that he will be so incredibly well taken care of by a doctor, instead of having to fret every time he gets sick! What a huge relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment